Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dayton Convention Convoy Information and Route


DAYTON INTERNATIONAL

Meet at the Lincoln Oasis at 7:30AM
Depart promptly at 8:AM
Imperative that all gas-up at this time.
Be sure to bring your FULLY CHARGED radio.
Hotel is 285 miles from this Oasis. Plus mileage from your location.
Driving time estimated to be 8 1/2 hours.

Depart Oasis on I-294 to I-80/94. This roadway is 5 lanes wide, with heavy truck traffic. Do not attempt to stay in a line.
Watch signage.

14 miles to I-65, exit to your right, South to Indianapolis. Once on I-65 we will try to regroup. Very heavy truck traffic on I-65. Be sure to leave room between cars for other motorists to exit. 43 miles from Oasis, milemarker 232 is a rest area. Emergency Stop Only!!! If you need to stop here, meet us at the next planned stop. Use cell phone to report to Len - (773) 771-8783.

78 miles from Oasis, milemarker 197, first planned rest stop. 15-20 minutes PLEASE! NEXT STOP WILL BE FOR LUNCH AND GAS.

134 Miles from Oasis, milemarker 140, Lebanon IN. As we exit on your right are Shell and McGlure gas stations along with Subway, Steak & Shake, Arby's & Flap Jack. On your left is a BP gas station along with McDonald's, Arby's & White Castle. We will regroup at the frontage rd adjacent to McGlure gas station. 50 MINUTES FOR THIS STOP.

Turn left from frontage rd. back to I-65, right turn back to I-65 South.

145 Miles from Oasis, milemarker 129, exit to I-865E to I-465E, exit right two lanes. Follow I-465E. Heavy construction on this portion of I-465. Lanes will separate, keep left, express lanes have no construction vehicles on roadway. When express lanes end work your way to the right as we will be exiting to the right. Milemarker 43, to I-70, look for sign that is for Dayton exit. Exit will be to the center right. This is a maze of interchanges, watch signs. If separated, call if possible. Shoulder construction along this portion of I-70. No shoulders.

Milemarker 105 on I-70 will be a rest stop. 15-20 minutes.

239 miles from Oasis to the Ohio line.

Milemarker 32 in Ohio, keep left on I-70 to Columbus. I-75 to Dayton is NOT our route (Fact - the Hotel is not in Dayton. but in Fairborn, Ohio.)

Exit I-70 at exit 41A to Fairborn, Ohio.

Merge onto OH-236 S/OH-4 S via Exit 41 toward Fairborn - 1.6 miles

Take the Chambersburg Rd/ OH-235 S ramp - 0.2 miles

Turn LEFT onto OH-235 - 2.7 miles

Turn RIGHT onto N. Broad St/OH-235/OH-444 . Continue to follow OH-444S

Travel 3 miles to Air Force Gate#12. Hotel entrance is at this point. Turn right into entrance. Post 12 is immediately past Dayton Yellow Springs Rd. (Traffic Light).

Questions, Comments or other information:
lenkeil@sbcglobal.net
(H) 815-759-8763
(Cell) 773-771-8783

No comments: